Slowly we are creeping out of cold and flu season. Too slow for my taste. It seems like I've been battling something new since December. When we all get sick, I’ll admit it… it gets really trifling in here. I made a comment to a coworker about it and decided to write this blog post. Our home turns into an epic post frat party house when we get sick. I’m actually cool with that except, there was no party… Here are a few ways our home transforms:
- There are pizza boxes everywhere. When I get sick, I don’t cook. Period. So we order out… don’t judge.
- Black trashbags filled with who knows what, are piled up by the door. I have every intention to take out the trash. But who wants to leave the house when they are sick?
- Partially unconscious bodies lay on the ground in the doorways. It’s like their little bodies almost made it to the bed, but gave out right before the victory moment. I’m consistently stepping over bodies when a plague hits our home.
- Sippy cups decorate the floor like used red Solo party cups. (Enough said)
- People throw up in the tub. I would rather that than missing the toilet since the tub is larger. It’s gross to find right before you want to shower, but I’d rather rinse it down the drain than scrub it off the outside of the toilet bowl or floor. Sometimes there’s throw up in their hair. I don’t know how that even happens.
- There’s a sink full of dishes. If I’m sick and the kids are sick, everything stops. In fact I’ve found myself washing one or two items so that we can eat. We have a dishwasher, but who has the energy to do that when their head is ringing and their coughing up a lung?
- Half conscious people say and do crazy things. I’ve had kids stumble upon me in the middle of the night talking about math or colors or sharing information about the weather while staggering about the house. Feverish kids and drunks say some crazy things.
- You hear I love you- a lot… My kids are always telling me how much they love me when they are sick. And they tell me how awesome I am. I guess drunk and sick minds share sober thoughts.
- You wake up in bed with someone you don’t remember going to bed with. When my kids are sick I wake up to a bed full of newbies.
- People void themselves shamelessly. When my kids are sick I expect accidents… and not just #1. I’ve cried because of some of the things my two hands have had to clean.
So this is what our home is like…. sounds fun or nightmarish… either way life is much better when we’re all healthier. Share some of your own experiences in the comments below! Or if you think anything was missed please share those in the comments as well! Stay healthy friends.
Here's some home remedies we have that help snap back quicker than expected "Happy Cold/Flu Season!"