- Make a MLK Jr. book about the values that he instilled in the people that he talked to. The values that he spoke of most were equality, faith (in whatever you believe in), non-violence, love, leadership, selfishness, and hope.
- Write down examples of these values. Draw examples of people exhibiting this kind of behavior.
- Try to practice these values every day with your student.
- Pick a community service project that utilizes as many of these values as you can. Work on that project with your child.
- Make a value chain by writing down these values, and examples of these values, on strips of paper, and make a paper chain out of them. String them up over your child’s mirror so that she can see them every day.
Need more ideas or great resources for language arts? Check out the “Reading Help & Learning Resources” page on Education.com!