Moms are encouraged to think of the kids all the time. It's our job to make sure we have the running schedule and plan for every family member. I must say that I found it quite difficult to take my thoughts back at first but as I focused and watched the sun rise I could begin to appreciate the elimination of excess clutter from my mind.
Here are a couple ways you can do the same in the few quiet moments you may get.
Ways to Steal Your Mind:
1. Visualize the kids, spouse and pets in the safe place that they are physically in. Tell yourself "They are fine" and then exhale and let your mind go blank.
2. Fears and worries are ok. If there are pressing matters you have on your brain, acknowledge those thoughts and feelings. Pray or meditate on them and find a peaceful solution. All the answers are in you.
3. Think of happy thoughts. If happy thoughts don't include your family for a moment that is ok and normal. Being "on" 100% of the time is a tough job. Your mind vacation is a way for you to escape.
4. Breathe deeply and draw in positivity. We are all conductors of energy. At times our battery and our energy gets drained by our family's needs. Rejuvenate yourself by drawing in positivity and positive thought.
5. Practice makes perfect. If this first time was not successful think about why. Then think about really focusing on improving it so that your next mental alone moment is more beneficial.
6. Don't forget your health. Think about the last time you visited the dentist, the doctor or the OBGYN. If it's been too long, it's time to schedule an appointment.
7. Don't feel guilty. In 20 minutes you'll be back at your job of thinking about everyone else. Take this time for you.