Ever notice when you smile at others, they smile back or either feel uncomfortable not reciprocating that effort? Life is a massive boomerang effect... What you throw out there will come back. As humans we cannot help but absorb or share the positive or negative energy around us. It takes work to repel negativity because it’s a lot easier to and way more available unfortunately.
Here are a couple things that will help you create, reciprocate and emit positive light and feelings:
- Smile. Show your teeth. There is something warm, trusting and relieving when people smile at us. That same joy you experience, others experience when they see it on you.
- Make physical contact. Don’t be a creeper, but appropriate contact is comforting. It allows us to connect with others and feel human together.
- Meditate on positivity, forget about worries. When we worry we think about the things that often are out of our control. Focus on the things you can change and meditate on an action plan to make that happen.
- Empower others. When we uplift others we are uplifted in return. What can you do to make someone else feel special, amazing, loved, welcomed or even considered? Do something for someone else and I’m certain you’ll feel great. This includes donating and volunteering.
- Take care of your body. Go exercise and eat well. When your body feels great, your spirit feels great.
- Be a good friend. Surround yourself with positive people and then don’t take from them. Make sure that you have quality friendships on even ground. Stay out of toxic environments and don’t create them with complaining. It’s good to vent to your friends, but if you find yourself doing it all the time, maybe it’s time to rethink some things.